- A rare glimpse into the life of the people setting the trends and making the fashions
- Features a foreword by British supermodel Erin O'Connor
- Presents seven years of documentary catwalk shots from New York, London, Milan and Paris
- Key icons from the fashion industry: Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld, Kate Moss, Claudia Schiffer and also newcomers such as Agyness Deyn, Lily Cole, Gareth Pugh, Scarlett Johanssen
- To be launched in November 2011 at the Catwalk to Cover exhibition at London's Fashion and Textile Museum. Kirstin's work will be showcased at the exhibition alongside that of three other photographers
"This is an enchanting and absorbing book that captures many facets of the fashion industry...Pure glamour" My Creative Diva
"I am rarely front of house, I am always backstage. The adrenaline is amazing; placing the hats just-so, tweaking a veil, shoving in another flower, crossing my fingers and praying that my confections don't fall off! Those last moments as the girls line up backstage is the most exciting time of the entire creative process; six months condensed into a few seconds; like bolts of lightning speeding onto the runway. This book captures that moment." Stephen Jones OBE
Through a series of candid photographs taken over the last seven years A Front Row Seat offers an insight into the chaos that makes up the extraordinary world of fashion shows. Covering all the elements that make up the catwalk shows - Backstage, Front Row, Catwalk and Street Style - the book allows the reader to be a 'fly on the wall' and see the reality of the fashion world.
With quotations from industry professionals - make up artists, hair stylists, models, editors, designers and bloggers - this title examines how fashion is expressed and recorded in today's world of social networking and blogging, the popularity of which has facilitated the layperson's ability to break into the fashion world. Firmly in tune with the current vibe and with a definite London edginess, A Front Row Seat is a sensational design statement in itself.
Contents: Foreword; The Front Row; The Fashion Editors; The Catwalk; The Designers; The Fashion Buyers; Backstage; Street Style; Model Style; Bibliography.
Kirstin Sinclair is a well-known photographer on the catwalk circuit and street style scene and between fashion seasons shoots fashion in the Studio and on location. Her work has appeared in British Vogue, British Elle, Elle Collections and Bristish Grazia Magazines, as well as on www.elleuk.com, www.vogue.co.uk, www.graziadaily.co.uk, www.netaporter.com and www.asos.com. She has also worked with clients such as Louis Vuitton, Topshop, Miss Selfridge and The Fashion and Textile Museum.